This section has links to websites likely to be of interest to BCSA members.
The commercial links are given for information only and their inclusion here does not imply that they are endorsed by the BCSA. The BCSA is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Embassies and Chambers of Commerce
- Embassy of the Czech Republic in London, 26 Kensington Palace Gardens, London W8 4QY
- Embassy of the Slovak Republic in London, 25 Kensington Palace Gardens, London W8 4QY
- British Embassy in the Slovak Republic, Panska 16, 811 01 Bratislava
- British Embassy in the Czech Republic, Thunovska 14, 118 00 Prague 1
- The Czech British Chamber of Commerce promotes the development of Czech and UK economic relations
- The British Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic dedicated to creating and developing business relationships between the United Kingdom and the Slovak Republic
- The British Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic promotes and enhances business relations between the Czech Republic and the United Kingdom
- Slovak Centre London aims to help the Slovak community with useful information about employment, education, accommodation and other important community issues in the UK
- Czech Centre London actively promotes the Czech Republic in the UK.
Services for Czechs and Slovaks in the UK
- Slovak Catholic Mission in London
- Britannia Connections Ltd provides sales of national and international coach tickets for United Kingdom and Europe as well as low fare airline tickets and low cost coach transfers to all major UK airports.
- The Czechoslovak Restaurant in West Hampstead provides traditional Czech – Slovak cuisine and Czech beer.
- Pohyby portal for Czechs and Slovaks in the UK.
- potraviny.co.uk brings you the best of Czech and Slovak food.
- teahouse transport provides door to door delivery services.
Czech and Slovak blogs
- Circuit Rider CZ covers various aspects of cycling in Central Europe, as well as history, geography and culture.
- The Czechmate diary was created to connect and re-connect the Czechs and Slovaks with their Bohemian roots.
- Czech Please covers the food and drink scene in Prague and beyond.
- Daily photo from Prague
- Grant’s Prague Bike Blog is an account of biking adventures (and misadventures) in and around Prague.
- Kakna’s Prague is an individual look at the city.
Organisations, clubs and social networks
- The Oxford Czech and Slovak Society promotes the language and culture of the Czech and the Slovak Republics in Oxford.
- The London Czech and Slovak Language Meetup Group is a joint Meetup for Czech and Slovak Expats and those interested in the Czech and Slovak Languages.
Universities, colleges and schools
- The School of Slavonic and East European Studies at University College London.
- The English College in Prague was established in 1994 to provide a broad and balanced education in English for students between the ages of 13 to 19.
- The University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES) provides an independent forum for informed debate and discussion of European affairs. It is directly involved in promoting research and teaching in European Studies.
Language, culture, arts and entertainment
- The Friends of Czech Heritage gives small grants to a variety of projects to help restore historic buildings, gardens and parks in the Czech Republic
- Karpaty represents Slovak culture abroad by performing traditional folk music and dance.
- CzechFolks.com is dedicated to the Czech and Slovak heritage.
- The Beskydy Dancers take their name from these mountains and present a rich and vibrant repertoire of folk dances, songs and music from all three regions.
- The Dvorak Society for Czech and Slovak music is devoted to the musical arts of all Czech and Slovak performers and composers, past and present.
- Radio Tatras International is an English speaking radio station bringing entertainment radio to a global audience.
News and current affairs
- The Slovak Spectator is “Slovakia’s English language newspaper”.
- Radio Prague – the international service of Czech Radio.
- The Prague Daily Monitor, is “the Czech Republic’s English language electronic newspaper”.
- Transitions Online chronicles the transition process of the post-communist region of Central, Eastern and South-eastern Europe, the Balkans and the former Soviet Union.
- The 2016 EU Presidency Country: Slovakia — Europe’s Best Kept Secret
- ‘The Kiss Of Judas’: Will The Heart Of Europe Be Sacrificed Once More?
- From Conflict to Peace: The Rise of a UN Secretary-General from the East
- The Return of Eastern Europe’s Princes
- Bratislava leads the way in future thinking at GLOBSEC Tatra Summit 2016
- Blog: International Migration: A Driver of Human Evolution?
- Blog: Global markets at our doorstep
- Blog: Don’t call me an Eastern European!
- Blog: Na Slovensku po slovensky
Travel and general information
- Expats.cz is full of useful information about Prague.
- Slovakia Document Store is a source of information about the Slovak Republic.
- Slovakia Travels to discover, know and organize your holiday in Slovakia.
- Discover Czech provides services and information for independent travellers.
The BCSA tries to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate. However, no liability is accepted arising from reliance upon the information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via this site.